Sydney itself has been my favourite city so far. It’s got everything you could want in one. There are many beaches surrounding the city to visit so whilst staying here it’s been great to visit beaches such as Bondi, Bronte, Coogee, Manly, Watsons Bay and more.
After living in Sydney over Christmas with the paintball company I worked at, I decided I wanted to live by the beach, Bondi is full of travelers and so it has a variety of cafes, restaurants and bars to visit.
We found a perfect apartment for 4 of us to stay at for the next three months in Bondi Junction just 20 minutes from the beach and right by the train station for work. Expect to pay a lot for renting in Sydney especially if you want to be by Bondi. We pay $230 a week for rent!
There are so many things you must do in Sydney but here are some of my favourites:
- Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge: A must while you are in Sydney of course! The harbour bridge is a bit pricey to climb but i’ve been told the view is amazing! The opera bar is a great place to chill with a drink!
- Bondi to Coogee Walk: Funny because we attempted this walk and only got to Tamarama, make sure you do this with a group that is willing! However, I’ve been to all three beaches Bondi, Bronte and Coogee and all three are beautiful so it’s worth the walk to get the views.
- Wet ‘n’ Wild: Such an amazing water park! Go with a group and wear lots of sun cream if its a 40 degrees day like we had. The slides are awesome.
- Blue Mountains: I’m gonna write a whole post about the blue mountains because it’s been my favourite day out!
- Sydney National Park: Amazing coastal views and not very touristy. This is where the figure 8 pools are and wedding cake rock.
- Watsons Bay Boutique Hotel:One of the most Instagrammed bars, it has a good view of the beach, a great place for a cocktail with a group of friends, we went here for Siobhan’s 24th.
- Manly: Manly is a lovely place to go an visit, I preferred the small beach by Manly Wharf as there aren’t huge waves so you can actually swim! You can get drink and food at The Bavarian there.
- Darling Harbour: A great place to grab a drink there are quite a few bars and restaurants there, it’s a great picture too of the harbour.
- Coogee: The beach is similar to Bondi with the long stretch of beach, it has a couple of great spots for food and drink including Coogee Pavilion and Coogee Beach Hotel- go here for the best steak and mash 👌