Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand.
South East Asia with STA.
Imagine if there was no Insta… I just wouldn’t be me
Three countries in just one month, a trip of a lifetime!
In 2016 Elise and I booked to go to South East Asia. We spoke about the different countries we wanted to visit and found a trip with STA called Vietnam and Cambodia on a shoe string and decided we could do the Thai Islands after.
I couldn’t recommend this tour more. People are hesitant to go on tours because everything is planned but with our Vietnamese tour guide ‘Zoom Zoom’ we were taken to unusual restaurants, told to try unusual things and got to see everything and more!
Check out the tour we went on here: Cambodia and Vietnam on a Shoestring
We also met some amazing friends! On the tour we spent every day and night together there was no going off on your own for dinner! This was great as we got to know each other really well and still keep in touch now!
Some of my highlights were:
- Angkor Wat- there are so many temples here, we got up at 4:30am to see the sunrise it was amazing. It was an incredibly hot day but you have to wear trousers around the temples. There are lots of temples to see including Ta Prohm the Tomb Raider temple
- My three favourite places in Vietnam were; Nha Trang, Hoi An and Halong Bay.
- Nha Trang: We took a boat out for the day and had a sea food BBQ on board. This was one of the first times I had snorkeled, it was an amazing experience and we even saw a nemo fish! Be very careful around coral, the coral is sharp and Elise cut her knee this day and had to have stitches! This beach reminded me of the Gold Coast beach, very long with modern buildings above.
- Hoi An: Hoi An is very picturesque, small town. It is known for it’s tailors surrounding the streets. One thing you must do while you are there is get something tailor made for yourself. The tailors are amazing and get most things made in one day! It’s cheap in comparison to what this would cost back home.
- Halong Bay: A beautiful, natural beauty. On the boat you are surrounded by emerald waters and limestone islands. We went canoeing around these islands and visited a cave there also.
We mainly spent our time on the islands but visited Bangkok also.
- Bangkok- full of hustling and bustling tourists, fried insects and tuk tuk’s. It was a crazy start to the trip and definitely somewhere you must go and see! We got cheap, fake designer bags here too!
- Ko Tao- Such a beautiful island, you’ll have probably seen lots of people posting pictures from the viewpoint there which you must go and see! The snorkelling there was also unreal. We luckily spent the days with a couple of the girls we met on our STA tour, Gabby and Nadia, as they had the same plans as us!
- Ko Phangan- Another beautiful island, I’d recommend going to Bottle Beach, you can only visit this beach by boat which makes it a quiet, secluded beach. Unfortunately we arrived the day of the full moon party so didn’t get the chance to go, but definitely check it out!
Check out my video of South East Asia: South East Asia 2016